Monday, August 27, 2012

Whew! 9 pm here in Manila ( August 8 ) and just finished for the day. Started 12 hours ago by trying to find any stocks of bread, noodles, rice or veges and water. Hard to find. so I send runners around saying I'd give them 100 pesos if they got enough stock for 10 people. They were almost swimming thru the streets but throughout the day we fed about 80 kids and adults and about 40 last nite. Great great feeling! Nothing beats it. Although toward the end of tonite we had to resort to buying rice meals at Jollibee which is the the local McDonalds type of fast food as other stocks had run out. The flooding continues and at one point I was wading up to my waist. Guess I'll have to throw out those shorts and shirt. Don't know what they may be contaminated with. Now is the time to sit back after a nice long shower, cold water only as elec is for essential use only like elevators which is good as I'm on the 33rd floor. It's brandy and ( warm ) mango juice time. Never tasted better!

No comments: